Founded in 1984, The Cook Political Report is an independent, non-partisan newsletter that analyzes elections and campaigns for the US House of Representatives, US Senate, Governors and President as well as American political trends. In 2004, we moved to an online-based publication.
Among the subscribers to The Cook Political Report are lobbyists, trade associations, corporations, labor unions, Members of Congress, political action committees and interest groups across the political spectrum. All have come to rely upon The Cook Political Report for objective information and analysis about who is running in what races, what the most important dynamics are in the races, who's ahead and what factors to look for as the campaigns progress.
- Charlie Cook’s overview on the national political landscape;
- A complete listing of every potential candidate for the U.S. House, Senate and Governor (updated weekly);
- A rating for each race on a seven-point scale (Solid Democrat, Likely Democrat, Lean Democrat, Toss Up, Solid Republican, Likely Republican, Lean Republican) (updated weekly);
- A narrative analysis of either every Senate race or every governor's race;
- A narrative analysis of House races, rotating between open seats, Democratic incumbents or Republican incumbents.
- The top-line numbers on every publicly available poll in House, Senate and gubernatorial races (updated weekly).
Each online issue includes:
Praise for The Cook Political Report
“Few political analysts have a longer track record of success than the tight-knit team that runs the Cook Political Report… Founded in 1984… political junkies have relied on Cook’s forecasts for years and have rarely had reason to be disappointed with their results.”
—Nate Silver, The Signal and the Noise